Monday, November 14, 2011

Overall thought of the Play

This was a very easy ready. Sometimes the dialect of the slaves were a bit difficult but the lengths of their dialect were not that long so it did not make it complicated for me to understand what they were saying to one another. It was a good story, and I did like how it had to do with the 'Escape' of slaves and how they conquered  it and Glen and Melinda managed to stay together after the difficulties they had to face with their slave owners. However, the ending was a bit too fast for my liking. I feel like Brown got a bit lazy and ended it quick, and made it seem like it was an easy escape when I believe it was definitely harder to just over-come Dr. Gaines and the police at the end. It was a picture in my head that I could not imagine being put together. Overall, the story was good and did not take a long time to read so I did not mind it. I also enjoyed the different themes that were brought up throughout the story instead of concentrating on just one main struggle, because it was not just racism that the blacks had to go through, it was also a lot more than that and this story proves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment